If you are charged with DUI you have to act fast. The charges are serious and can have serious consequences. This is not to say that you do not have options, or that there is nothing to be done in your case. But you do need to know that taking a passive approach will not yield desirable results and the more proactive you can be the better.
Six reasons to hire a good DUI defense attorney include:
- Your freedom is at stake! That’s right, even with a first time offense it is possible that the sentence could include jail time. While unlikely it is still possible and any time your freedom is put at risk you have to take action to protect your liberties. Staying out of jail will allow you to continue to go to work or school and get on with your life. And, there is life after DUI.
- Your finances will be impacted! The fines and penalties for DUI can be high, so the quicker you ask for help from a trained legal professional the quicker you will be able to work out your budget in this regard.
- Your insurance rates may skyrocket! Most insurance providers raise rates way too high for a simple speeding ticket, the more egregious the offense the higher the rate hike. But with the right DUI defense attorney by your side you can have the charges lessened and this will also help to keep your insurance rates low.
- Your right to drive is put in jeopardy with a DUI arrest! Every DUI includes a license suspension, and if you want to obtain at least a modified license you have to ask for a review of that suspension. If you miss the deadline to do so, you miss your chance and will not be able to take the wheel.
- Your criminal record will be tarnished! In most cases you can have the notation of DUI removed, after your case completes. But if you don’t make the request, the charge will remain visible on your record.
- DUI school and/or community service might be in your future! Many times these are requirements of probation, and if you are going to have to carve out some time to get these things done you will want to know as quickly as possible so your schedule can be adjusted.
The approach we take is one that includes a full investigation into the facts. Contact us today to find out more and figure out where to go next if you have been arrested for DUI.
If you have questions about DUI defense, call our office for answers. Call an experienced criminal defense attorney in Stuart and the Treasure Coast. Your first visit is a free initial consultation.